Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions.
We are happy to accept mail orders from within UK . (Highlands and islands may incur additional charges if courier required) We can arrange delivery to Europe at additional cost, but cannot accept liability for deterioration due to increased transit times.
Delivery is normally by 1st class post , parcelforce or courier depending on weight.
Descriptions and illustrations contained on this website are accurate in our experience, although heights and colours may vary according to growing conditions. Some plants are grown from seed, resulting in a degree of natural colour variation.
Most plants are sent potted unless otherwise stated. In some circumstances we may unpot and reduce compost to reduce weight and allow first class postage to reduce costs.
We are happy to deal with orders at any time of year, although delivery may be delayed by the prevailing weather conditions or the growth cycle of individual plants.
Please ensure we have your correct address and contact details when ordering. We cannot accept liability for delays due to incorrect detail.
Risk of the goods passes to the buyer upon delivery, but if you are unhappy with the quality of the plants then please let us know within 7 days. If the packages are damaged in transit please check the contents and if there are concerns let us know as soon as possible, retaining all packaging materials until we have discussed.
We recommend that plants are planted as soon as possible, weather conditions permitting, unless these are for pot culture. If there is delay then pots should be protected from freezing solid.
Plants may look wilted if they have been kept in depots for several days ( we aim for next day delivery but not always guaranteed) If so they should be kept in a cool frost free light environment for a few days, to allow recovery, before planting. To avoid this please let us know on your order if despatch would coincide with holidays etc.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
1. This website is operated by Summerdale Garden Nursery. Where these terms and conditions use terms such as "we", "us" and "our" they refer to Summerdale Garden Nursery
3. By visiting our website and/or purchasing something from us, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
4. You can view the most current version of these terms and conditions at any time by visiting this website page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these terms and conditions, without prior notice to you, by posting updates on this page. It is your responsibility to check this page on each visit to your website, read these terms and conditions and ensure you understand them before making a purchase.
5. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
6. Any content that you enter onto this website may be transferred unencrypted and involve transmissions over various networks and may involve changes in order to conform and adapt to the technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
7. You may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for commercial gain, or otherwise, any portion of any of the content on the website or any other part of the service that we offer on this website.
8. Headings and titles used on this website are done so for convenience only. They do not constitute any part of the terms and conditions and will not limit or otherwise affect the terms herein.
ONLINE STORE TERMS
9. Our website offers a range of products for sale. Where we refer to an 'item' we are referring to a single product or service available for purchase on this website.
10. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that the details displayed for a particular item offered for sale are correct at the time when the information was entered onto the system.
11. Whilst care is taken to ensure that we display as accurately as possible appearances and colours, what you will see on your computer monitor or equipment may differ and so we cannot guarantee that images are an accurate representation of the actual goods or services that you are purchasing. Where plants have been grown from seed there may be some variation in flower colour.
12. We may not be able to accept your order due to one or more of the following reasons, or for a reason not listed below:
i) The item you have ordered is out of stock
ii) We cannot authorise your payment or have reasonable grounds to suspect your payment may be fraudulent
iii) There has been a pricing or product description error
iv) There is a system or procurement failure
v) You have failed our customer validation checks
13. When you place an order you will receive an email confirming the details of your order. This email is not confirmation that your order has been accepted by us.
14. Your order will only be accepted by us once your goods have been dispatched.
MODIFICATIONS TO OUR SERVICE AND PRICING
15. Prices for items are subject to change without notice.
16. We reserve the right to, at any time, modify or discontinue any part of the service that we offer, or any part of content thereof, without any notice to you.
17. We accept no liability to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuation of the service.
18. During checkout, you may be presented with one or more options for delivery. Where an estimated timescale for delivery is provided, this is an estimate only and your items may be delayed in being received due to circumstances beyond our control (such as a courier delay, or at busy times).
19. Where you select a "next day delivery" option, orders placed on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays may not be despatched for delivery until the following Monday and so may not be received until Tuesday.
20. If you wish to cancel an order you have placed you must contact us immediately to ascertain whether the items have been dispatched or not. Where they have been dispatched, you will need to return the item to us and you will be responsible for paying the cost of returning the items.
21. Where items have not been dispatched prior to a cancellation request, our refund policy will apply.
22. Due to the perishable nature of our product returns can only be accepted when there is evidence of disease or damage.
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
23. We shall not be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential or incidental damages including loss of profit or loss of opportunity as a result of the use of or the inability to use any items that have been ordered on this website.
24. You agree to indemnify us and our agents, officers, directors and employees, immediately and on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of any of our terms and conditions.
25. These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
27. Should any part-term or term be found to be unenforceable then the remainder of the terms and conditions shall continue to have full force and effect as if the invalidated term was not present.
28. Should any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these terms and conditions arise where it is beyond our reasonable control, we will not be responsible to you for such delay or failure nor liable for any loss that you incur, howsoever caused.